Welcome to Ambulatory Surgery Center Regulation Training Series
We are an education website designed to provide Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASC) in meeting high quality contact hours for staff education in the Ambulatory Surgery Center setting. These modules are a collection of titles designed to train your staff on the most current standards of care. The library contains clinical and non clinical courses to help your ASC staff to improve competency, reduce risk, and maintain compliance. You can now purchase individual course for $5.50 or the entire series for $40.00
The requirements for successful completion of each Topic are reviewing each presentation and completing each topic quiz with a score of 85% or higher.
This activity has been submitted to the Association of periOperative Registered Nurses, Inc. (AORN) for approval to award contact hours under Ambulatory Surgical Center Training course ID 145130. The Association of periOperative Registered Nurses, Inc. is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. This website and content is not affiliated with sponsorship or commercial support.
Activities that are approved by AORN are recognized as continuing education for registered nurses - are noted below there are a total of 3.0 contact hours for completing the specific approved noted material below. You must review the material and complete the quiz with greater than an 85% passing score. You can review the material and take the quizzes over and over until passing.
This includes only the subjects of:
- Medication Administration Safety in an Ambulatory Surgery Center -1 = 0.5 contact hour;
- Medication Administration Safety in an Ambulatory Surgery Center -2 = 0.5 contact hour;
- Medication Administration Safety in an Ambulatory Surgery Center -3 = 0.5 contact hour;
- Bloodborne Pathogens and Standard Precautions = 0.5 contact hour;
- Use Of Radiation in an Ambulatory Surgery Center = 1.0 contact hour.
This recognition does not imply that AORN or the ANCC Commission on Accreditation approves or endorses any product in the presentation. The start of AORN Credits is 6/15/2020 and ends 6/15/2022.
Start at the top and work your way down this list, but there is also a Video: How To Navigate This Course
link. The video is not required to watch, but a resource starting point to assist you in getting the most out of your online learning experience. At the completion of the coursework, you can email me and I will send a certificate of completion to you.
Email me directly
email@example.com or call me if you need additional
support cell/text me: 586 808 3058. One Facility lead per site can have
a FREE pass (without certificates) just to assure this is the high quality
coursework they are interested in.
Just click on this link to create an account and get a PayPal invoice on our website and sign up for the course!
OR - just email firstname.lastname@example.org your name and I will sign you up rapidly.
Course Work Available Once Registered
A Course Evaluation - Required for Contact Hour Credits
1. Medication Administration Safety in an Ambulatory Surgery Center: Part 1
2. Medication Administration Safety in an Ambulatory Surgery Center: Part 2
3. Medication Administration Safety in an Ambulatory Surgery Center: Part 3
4. Bloodborne Pathogens and Standard Precautions
of the Pediatric Patient
6. Care of the Adult Patient
Diagnosis, Treatment, Pathology, Epidemiology and Prevention of HIV/AIDS
8. Fire Prevention in Ambulatory Surgical Centers
9. Preventing Operating Room Fires in an Ambulatory Surgical Centers
10. General Safety Concerns for Workers in
the Ambulatory Surgical Centers
11. Use of Radiation in an Ambulatory Surgery Centers
12. HIPAA Training for Ambulatory Surgery
13. Identifying and Assessing Domestic Abuse
Victims for Ambulatory Surgery Center Professionals
14. Latex Allergies
15. Malignant Hyperthermia in your Ambulatory Surgery Center
16. Monitoring Ambulatory Surgery Patients During
17. Postoperative Pain Management for
Ambulatory Surgery Center Patients
18. Prevention of Influenza in Ambulatory
Surgery Centers – with separate Covid-19 Lecture and Quiz
19. Providing Culturally Competent Care in the Ambulatory Surgery Center
20. Providing Safe Patient Handling and
Movement in an Ambulatory Surgery Center
21. Workplace Violence in an Ambulatory
22. Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
23. Compliance Programs in Ambulatory Surgery
24. Hand Hygiene Compliance in Medical Care
25. Sharps Basics in Ambulatory Surgical
26. Infection Control in Ambulatory Surgical
27. Understanding Antibiotic Resistance
28. Basics of Disinfection and Sterilization
29. Human Trafficking
Copyright: (c) 2019 Medical Physics Training, LLC
Additional Course Information
If you are interested in this program and
would like additional information, please contact
an overview of the of the registration process, click on this Ambulatory Surgical Center Course Enrollment Overview link.